A modern detached holiday property with roomy accommodation within walking distance of a lovely dining pub, the Ufford Crown. Beams, dormer windows and a lovely inglenook fireplace - but without any of the inconveniences of an ancient farmhouse. Hollybank has been a family home, and whilst the clutter which goes with family living is nowhere to be seen, the comfort and convenience of the modern home is all here to enjoy. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed with comfortable sofas and armchairs, flat screen TV / DVD and freeview, and a large inglenook fireplace and woodburning stove, to supplement the already ample heating, you will be sure of a really comfortable stay whatever the weather. The dining room is large and whilst the table has seating for 8 people, there is space for several more. Beyond the dining area is a small sofa and TV area - great if you don't all want to watch the same programme. Shop: 3.1 miles, Pub: 0.2 miles.
Why we love this property
Perfect for family gatherings, this property has been well thought out in terms of reception areas and equipment provided.
Utility Room: loads of cupboard space, washing machine, tumble dryer, airer, butler sink and loads of room for wet coats, boots, freezer and fridge.
Kitchen/Diner: The kitchen itself has wooden flooring and is newly fitted with electric hob and extractor, double oven, fitted microwave, toaster, built in fridge and dishwasher and pull out larder cupboard. A breakfast bar with cupboards below separates the kitchen from the large dining room with table to seat 8, 2 seater sofa, large flat screen TV, DVD player and CD player
Sitting Room: with two large sofas and several easy chairs, coffee and occasional tables, flat screen TV with Freeview, stereo and a large fire place with wood burning stove.
Cloakroom: with wash basin and wc.
Bedroom 1: with double bed, bedside tables and overhead wall lights, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Ensuite bathroom: has a large walk in shower, wash basin, w.c and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2: with two full sized single beds, bedside table and light, wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 seater sofa
Bedroom 3: a double bedded room with bed side tables and lamps, wardrobe with drawer and large mirror
Bedroom 4: with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror.
Family Bathroom 1: bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
Family Bathroom 2: a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and radiator with towel rail above
Outside: To the front of the property is a spacious drive (shared with Orchard Cottage), lawn and patio with table and chairs. To the rear of the property is a further garden with garden chairs.
Parking: At the front of the property, with space for 2 cars.
Heating: Gas central heating.
Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels included.
Woodbridge, an ancient market town, has numerous historic buildings including two mills open to the public, a windmill where flour is still occasionally milled and the old tide mill overlooking the Deben river - make time to walk along the riverside path - quite stunning. Just a couple of miles from Woodbridge is Sutton Hoo, the most famous Saxon burial ground, which overlooks both the river and the Sandlings Heaths, well worth a visit for anyone with the slightest interest in birds. Cross the heaths to the pretty sandy beach at Bawdsey.
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 well-behaved dog welcome
- WiFi available
- Saturday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Nearest shop 3.7 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 3.7 miles from the coast
- Enter the cottage via the back door which leads directly into the utility room. A really good sized room with loads of cupboard space, washing machine, tumble dryer, airer, butler sink and loads of room for wet coats, boots, freezer and fridge
- A door from the utility room leads into the large kitchen / dining room. The kitchen itself has wooden flooring and is newly fitted with electric hob and extractor, double oven, fitted microwave, toaster, built in fridge and dishwasher and pull out larder cupboard. A breakfast bar with cupboards below separates the kitchen from the large dining room with table to seat 8, 2 seater sofa, large flat screen TV, DVD player and CD player
- The sitting room is of a really good size with two large sofas and several easy chairs, coffee and occasional tables, flat screen TV with Freeview, stereo and a large fire place with wood burning stove.
- There is a ground floor cloakroom with wash basin and wc
- An wide staircase leads to the first floor
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and overhead wall lights, wardrobe and chest of drawers. The en-suite bathroom has a large walk in shower, wash basin, w.c and heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 2, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and light, wardrobe, chest of drawers and 2 seater sofa
- Family bathroom 1 has a bath, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3, a double bedded room with bed side tables and lamps, wardrobe with drawer and large mirror
- Bedroom 4, a twin bedded room with two full sized single beds, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe, chest of drawers and mirror.
- Family bathroom 2 has a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c. and radiator with towel rail above
- To the front of the property is a spacious drive (shared with Orchard Cottage), lawn and patio with table and chairs
- To the rear of the property is a further garden with garden chairs
- Full gas central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. Most of the bed linen is synthetic. There is a hair dryer.
- Wi fi access available for your lap top. Now offering unlimited access
- Garden - lawned to front and rear with tables and chairs, BBQ and garden seating
- Parking - there is parking for 2-3 cars in the drive
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the house
- If you have 2-3 friends who want to stay nearby see Orchard Cottage sleeps 3.
- The Ufford Crown - tel. 01394 461030. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criterion for your choice of property
We had a very enjoyable stay, a few problems initially getting hot water and one WC to flush, but there were 3 others so not a problem really. The house was very well equipped and had everything we could ask for. Would thoroughly recommend this property to any group or family. Clean, comfortable and very welcoming. Thank you.Mrs Julie Charlton - 10th July 2018
This was our third visit to Holly Bank Cottage with 3 generations of the family. The cottage is spacious and well laid out, plenty of room for when the rest of our family join us. The garden is also big enough for children to play out or simply to sit. The cottage is well stocked with all items that were needed for feeding 8 or going out on picnics. The area is beautiful and even though we visit several times a year, we are never short of places to go. The parks, river walks and shopping in Woodbridge are excellent.Mrs Dunston - 5th September 2017
We were very pleased with Hollybank Cottage. We love our weekends in our Suffolk cottageSusan W, Ipswich - 18th March 2016
A home from home! We have all enjoyed our stay in such a lovely location. Hollybank is very well equipped and the welcome pack was very much appreciated!Newton family, Bedfordshire - 12th August 2011
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...