The living accommodation seats 10 adults comfortably, Quill Farm has sleeping accommodation for up to 13.
If you would like to bring a dog please contact us prior to booking.
Down a private road off a quiet country lane, Quill Farm Barn is an old detached two storey barn with wonderful views across lawned gardens to a large lake, beyond which is the Deben River, of over an acre, with a full sized tennis court. Perfect for a group of friends or extended family.
Wickham Market 2 miles, Snape 5 miles, Orford 7 miles, Aldeburgh 10 miles, Woodbridge 7 miles, Framlingham 7 miles
About this big Suffolk barn
A super conversion of a large and imposing Suffolk barn. This new barn conversion (2014) has been designed to make full use of its wonderful space and height to create a delightful open plan living area which oozes comfort, warmth and homeliness. The majority of the windows look west over the large lawned garden (around 1 acre) and over the lake to woodland in the distance. Well separated from the owner's farmhouse, the barn has been converted into a holiday home for up to 13 people. Great care was taken to retain the double storey area which has been transformed into a warm and very comfortable raised living area with feature sloping stone floor (with wheelchair access) leading to the kitchen and living room. Sleeping accommodation is spread over three areas with three bedrooms, a bathroom and cloakroom on the ground floor, a further three bedrooms, a bathroom and cloakroom on the mezzanine floor and a master suite on the first floor, making the barn perfect for a group of friends or extended family.
The double height barn doors to the front and back have been replaced by glass doors giving maximum light for the living area throughout the day as well as ensuring that no one will miss out on the fantastic views and lovely Suffolk sunsets. The entrance is at ground level where there is an open stone floored hall area which leads to the west side of the building. From here the floor slopes gently upwards creating an unusual and very attractive walkway to the open plan kitchen and living area. The kitchen is well equipped and great to cook in, but within viewing and chatting distance of the living area, the designated cook need not miss out on the conviviality of the party.
In addition to the master suite, accessed by its own staircase, there are ground floor bedrooms (with wheel chair access) and state of the art bathrooms and a further three bedrooms and bathrooms on the mezzanine floor where there is also a sunny galleried seating area.
Doors open on to a large raised terrace where there is space for both a hot tub and outdoor table and chairs. A hot tub can be hired for your stay. Step down from the terrace to a sheltered patio, some comfortable deck chairs are provided for sunbathers. To the side of the patio is an attractive outhouse where outside chairs and bikes can be stored. There is a second fridge freezer for groups who want to self cater throughout their stay.
To the far west of the barn is a large roofed area, again with table and chairs and a door leading to an outside cloakroom and spacious utility room
There is a full sized tennis court for sole use of guests.
Quill Farm Barn has its own private entrance and the garden is fully fenced - the lake being the other side - for the safety of children. There is a public path running along the boundary of the grounds which eventually leads to a second lake abutting the River Deben.
This Suffolk property is ideal for:
A large family gathering or group of friends wanting a relaxing holiday in the heart of rural Suffolk. The very private large garden, tennis court and hot tub (booked separately) are extremely attractive and will appeal to youngsters and adults alike. Under a mile from the nearest railway station Quill Farm Barn is the perfect setting for a family or friends get together and with Snape Maltings Concert Hall, the fascinating ancient market town of Woodbridge and the coast at Aldeburgh all within a 20 minute drive, there will be plenty for everyone to enjoy what ever time of the year you plan your visit.
Walking, cycling, golf, horse riding, music and art and great places to picnic are all on your door step.
Parking There is parking for at least 6 to 7 cars in the private drive
Eating and Drinking
For good pub food and a great atmosphere pop down to The Ship at Blaxhall or the Plough and Sail at Snape Maltings.
The Snape Maltings complex which has a food hall and a regular farmers market is only 10 minutes by car and is worth a visit for the craft and art shops, tea rooms and lovely walks along the River Alde.
Wickham Market is a 5 minutes drive with a Co-op superstore and the famous family butcher, Revetts & Son serving their award winning sausages.
The market town of Woodbridge is also just a 15 minute drive and has a Budgens supermarket, opened from 7am until 8pm during the week, or a Co-operative convenience store. There is a Waitrose in Saxmundham. For locally produced goods there are independent grocers, a butcher, a fishmonger and once a month there is the Woodbridge farmers' market. Alternatively, all major supermarkets offer home delivery to this address.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guide Visit Snape.
- Sleeps 13
- 7 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 1 well-behaved dog welcome
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Detached building
- Tennis court
- Nearest shop 0.6 mile
- Nearest pub 0.6 mile
- 7.2 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|7 Jul 17 - 1 Sep 17||£2,457|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£1,908|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£1,764|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£1,908|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£1,764|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£2,703|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
- The entrance to Quill Farm Barn is via double height glass doors which open on to a ground floor hall area, which in turn leads to the back of the property where there are further double height glass doors leading to the raised terrace and garden. A stunning feature of the barn is the gently sloping floor (wide enough for wheelchairs) which takes you left past the raised living area to the kitchen. The raised living space is surrounded by a wrought iron balustrade.
- The living area includes sofas, four easy chairs, coffee tables and games table which doubles nicely as an occasional dining table if a large party of guests are eating together. There is a 50 inch wall mounted TV showing Freeview (which can be watched from the sitting room or the galleried seating area), an iPod dock, a selection of children's games and collection of books both for children and adults
- Directly behind the living area is the large dining table with permanent seating for 10.
- The newly fitted kitchen includes an electric hob and oven, microwave, kettle, Nespresso Coffee Machine, (capsules can be ordered from https://www.nespresso.com/uk/en/home), toaster, fridge and separate freezer as well as a dishwasher. There is plenty of space for storage and food preparation.
- A corridor leads from the hall to the ground floor bedrooms and bathrooms
- Cloakroom with w.c., basin and mirror, heated towel rail.
- A double bedroom with storage drawers below, bedside drawer unit with lamp and to the other side bedside table and lamp. This bedroom has views across the garden to the tennis court.
- Large bathroom with wheelchair access, large walk in shower, washbasin, w.c., mirror and bath, heated towel rail.
- A double bedroom, again the bed has storage drawers below, with bedside table and chest of drawers, hanging unit, views over the garden to lake.
- Single bedroom, again the bed has storage drawers below, with bedside drawer unit with lamp, hanging unit. Once again lovely views of the garden and lake.
- The whole of the ground floor is wheelchair accessible.
- 8 steps to the left of the living area lead to a galleried seating area with easy chairs and table. A corridor leads to bedrooms and bathroom.
- Family bathroom, with large walk-in shower, washbasin, mirror, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Twin bedroom with two full sized single beds with under bed storage drawers, a chest of drawers, mirror and open wardrobe
- A double bedroom, again the bed has storage drawers below, with bedside drawer unit with lamp and to the other side bedside table and lamp. There are views of the lovely garden and lake from the windows
- Second twin bedroom with two full sized single beds with under bed storage drawers, a chest of drawers, mirror and open wardrobe
- There is a second toilet with washbasin, mirror, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Stairs from the right of the living area lead to the Master Bedroom complete with queen sized bed, built in cupboard with hanging space, bedside tables and lamps. Wonderful views over the garden.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with bath and hand-held shower attachment, w.c., washbasin and heated towel rail.
- Reached via a path from the back door is a storage outhouse with second fridge, freezer, sunbeds. There is space in here for bikes, outside toys, buggies etc
- Adjoining the main house is a utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and sink and separate cloakroom with washbasin, w.c., towel rail and electric heater.
- Hot tub hire available - please see booking form
- New instant heat electric heating throughout.
- Bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your towels for the hot tub and the beach. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- The hard tennis court - please bring your own rackets, balls and appropriate footwear if playing tennis
- A gas barbecue, tables and outside seating
- This property has Sammy's Seal of Approval for being a family friendly property. On your arrival you will find a welcome postcard from Sammy the Suffolk Seal, a Sammy toy for the children to take on adventures and a picture book, Sammy the Suffolk Seal written by local author (and Cambridge graduate) Lucy Stone and illustrated by Jenny Duke (Cambridge School of Art), for the children (and parents or grandparents) to read during your stay - the perfect introduction to the wonders of this region and the places youngsters and families can visit. If you would like your own copy or Sammy toy to take home with you, they can be purchased at the Suffolk Cottage Holidays shop on 152 High Street in Aldeburgh, IP15 5AQ. Or call Suffolk Cottage Holidays on 01394 389 189 to order a copy by post.
- An unlimited WiFi connection is provided
- Also provided are a stair gate, iron and ironing board and hoover.
We had a wonderful stay in your delightful cottage. So much thought and personality has gone into the decor. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.Laura B, London - 21st August 2016
It was like sleeping on clouds! Wonderfully comfortable. Eclectic paradise.Jess R, London - 1st February 2016
Fab house and break away - many thanks, we love it! Also the housekeeping was brilliant too - very clean and comfortable. Margaret P, Norfolk - 23rd September 2015
Wonderful stay - can't fault it! Feeling totally relaxed after a long weekend.Marion A, Hertfordshire - 17th May 2015
A pleasure to stay in a holiday cottage that feels like a home.Laura A, Norfolk - 19th April 2015