Alexander House, a luxury Suffolk property, enjoys the best of both worlds. In the heart of Thorpeness, an Arts and Crafts designed seaside village close to Aldeburgh on the Suffolk Heritage coast, Alexander House is located at the end of a little private lane. The property is in a great position for delightful countryside views and enjoys easy access to miles of heathland and clifftop paths, yet is only a minute's stroll from the sea and all of Thorpeness' wonderful amenities.
A detached farmhouse, now completely updated and reconfigured to create a really spacious holiday house for an extended family or a group of friends. Downstairs there is a twin bedroom with adjacent shower room, whilst upstairs there is a spacious family bathroom, a large master bedroom with super king bed and en suite bathroom. Upstairs also boasts a delightful children's or young adults bedroom (including a set of full sized bunk beds and a single bed with en suite bathroom), a twin bedroom, and two double bedrooms to complete the first floor accommodation. Downstairs, Alexander House has been transformed to create a large open plan living area with a state of the art kitchen, dining area and a spacious sitting room on one side of the house whilst the ground floor bedroom and bathroom, a small study and a further TV sitting room occupy the other side of the house. Pub: 5 minute walk, Shop: 2.5 miles
Open Plan Room with Sitting area: with sofas, armchairs, coffee tables and is equipped with TV (SKY package including SKY sport) video, DVD player, games, books. Views over the front garden towards Thorpeness' heathland. Kitchen/Dining area: with table to accommodate 12 and a beautiful kitchen with central island, AGA cooking range and a double door American-style fridge freezer and a dishwasher.
Utility Room: with washing machine, butler sink, boot rack and further storage.
Cloakroom: with w.c. and wash basin.
Snug: sofas and a woodburner and TV with SKY package including sports.
Study: with desk and chair for anyone who has to work whilst on holiday.
Bedroom 1: twin beds.
Shower Room: with shower, wash basin and w.c.
Bedroom 2: full sized bunk beds and a single bed (sleeps 3) There are views over the fields. Ensuite shower room: with shower, w.c. and wash basin.
Bedroom 3: King size bed, bedside tables and light, a fitted cupboard with shelves, vanity basin, TV , DAB radio and views over the fields.
Bedroom 4: with double bed, bedside table and light, chair, and a Victorian Fireplace.
Bedroom 5: super king bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers, easy chair and TV with Freeview. Ensuite bathroom: with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
Bedroom 6: Twin bedroom with full size single beds, bedside table and lamps, a fitted cupboard, wash basin and views over the fields.
Family Bathroom: bath, separate shower, wash basin and w.c, heated towel rail.
Garden: There is a large private garden, mostly laid to lawn, surrounding the house with an area of decking with garden furniture and a charcoal barbecue
Parking: There is parking for up to three cars in the drive and further parking in the private lane outside.
Heating: Oil fired central heating.
Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels provided.
Just a mile north of Aldeburgh is this fascinating seaside village, built in the 1920s by Glencairn Stuart Ogilvie, an architect, barrister and playwright. The mock Tudor style of building is now the hallmark of Thorpeness, where the amenities include the Dolphin Inn, the Thorpeness Hotel with its 18-hole golf club, a country club with tennis courts and the Mere - a large shallow boating lake with tearooms nearby. The beaches are mainly sandy and behind the village is a myriad of footpaths over heath and common land.
- Sleeps 13
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Detached building
- Nearest shop 2.5 miles
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- From the entrance hall double doors open into a spacious open plan living space. A dining area with table to accommodate 12 and a beautiful kitchen with central island, AGA cooking range and a double door American-style fridge freezer and a dishwasher. There is a wonderful new family sitting room with sofas, armchairs, coffee tables and is equipped with TV (SKY package including SKY sport) video, DVD player, games, books. Views over the front garden towards Thorpeness' heathland.
- A door leads from the kitchen to the larder cupboard, boiler room and ground floor cloakroom with w.c. and wash basin
- There is a large utility room with washing machine, butler sink, boot rack and further storage. A door leads to the garden. Please note that the key in the key safe opens this door, The front door key will be found in the front door on the inside.
- A door to the right from the front hall leads into the Snug room where there are sofas and a woodburner and TV with SKY package including sports.
- From the Snug room a hallway leads through to a small study with desk and chair for anyone who has to work whilst on holiday
- At the end of this hallway is the ground floor twin bedroom which has its own separate shower room with shower, wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 1 The children's room has full sized bunk beds and a single bed (sleeps 3) There are views over the fields. There is an en suite shower room with shower, w.c. and wash basin
- Bedroom 2 is a double room has King size bed, bedside tables and light, a fitted cupboard with shelves, vanity basin, TV , DAB radio and views over the fields
- Bedroom 3 A double bedroom with double bed, bedside table and light, chair, and a Victorian Fireplace.
- Bedroom 4 The Master bedroom has a super king bed, bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and chest of drawers, easy chair and TV with Freeview. There is an en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, wash basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
- Bedroom 5 is a Twin bedroom with full size single beds, bedside table and lamps, a fitted cupboard, wash basin and views over the fields.
- The large family bathroom has a bath, separate shower, wash basin and w.c, heated towel rail
- There is a large private garden, mostly laid to lawn, surrounding the house with an area of decking with garden furniture and a charcoal barbecue
- There is parking for up to three cars in the drive and further parking in the private lane outside
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the property
- Bed linen and towels are provided, but please bring beach towels
- Oil central heating and lighting etc. are provided
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as booking conditions are met
- To arrange a fridge fill prior to your arrival please e-mail email@example.com
- Alexander House is popular with families with young children and toddlers but please note it is not possible to put a stairgate across the stairs due to their shape. Cots and high chairs are not provided
- Wi-fi available to link up to your laptop
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door. See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- Wi-fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost
- The Dolphin Inn - tel. 01728 454994. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
- There is a BBQ available for your use, please provide your own charcoal.
Alexander House is a perfect choice for a family or group of friends. The location is stunning and the house beautifully furnished with an excellent range of facilities. Thorpeness is idyllic!! We will definitely be returning!Mrs Barbara Mazliah - 4th July 2018
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Lady Florence Lady Florence River Cruise Restaurant
Experience the river from a totally different angle with a trip on the Lady Florence River Cruise Restaurant. Enjoy a leisurely lunch or sunset supper on board ...
Sponge Sponge Cakes
Want to celebrate during your holiday? 15% discount on award winning handmade sponge cakes delivered to your holiday cottage.