Special Offers: 20% discount on all bookings for parties of 6 or less
An elegant Victorian villa in the heart of Southwold, Amory House has been sympathetically restored to a good standard. Sleeping 10, it is the perfect base for a large family or group of friends seeking a seaside break. With bedrooms and bathrooms on both floors, if offers maximum flexibility. The property is situated in a perfect position to explore Southwold, next to the wonderful independent shops and only a short walk down the High Street to the famous pier beach.
Amory House is located on the High Street, right in the centre of the popular seaside town of Southwold. It's close to the many delightful shops, a number of excellent Adnams pubs serving beer fresh from the brewery in town, and all the fine restaurants Southwold has to offer. What's more, Amory House is just a 5-minute walk from the famous pier and sandy beach, with its iconic painted beach huts. The fantastic Southwold Electric Picture Palace is just a short stroll from the house. Pub: 5 minute walk, Shop: 5 minute walk.
Drawing Room: with sofas and armchairs, coffee tables, corner cupboard and lamps.
Sitting Room: with sofas and chairs, wood burning stove, coffee tables and lamps, TV with DVD and games.
Kitchen/Diner: with original tiled floor, wooden worktops, hob, double oven, 2 door AGA, fridge freezer, dishwasher, plenty of cupboard space, dresser, large family dining table and chairs to seat 10. Off the kitchen is a traditional walk in larder with pine shelves.
Bedroom 1: with two full-size single beds, bedside tables and lamps, hanging space and chest of drawers.
Bedroom 2: Double bedroom with four-poster bed, bedside tables and lamps, hanging space and chest of drawers.
Shower Room: with walk in shower, basin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 3: with double bed, bedside tables and lamps and chest of drawers, door to en-suite bathroom. Ensuite bathroom: with bath and overhead shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail.
Bedroom 4: with two full-size single beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space.
Bedroom 5: with two 2'6 single beds, bedside table, lamp, chest of drawers and hanging space.
Family Bathroom: with bath and shower, basin and w.c., heated towel rail.
Garden: Large enclosed rear garden with lawn, shrub-beds and attractive mature trees. A full log shed. Extensive paved terrace with garden table and chairs, parasol, barbecue.
Parking: On street.
Heating: Gas central heating.
Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels provided.
Southwold Central - The properties located in central Southwold are all within minutes of the market place, with the elegant Swan Hotel, an excellent range of small shops including a greengrocer with fresh local produce, family butcher and delicatessen. The upper promenade is ideal for a peaceful stroll at any time of the year and provides quick access to the beach and of course, the lighthouse in the town is a good landmark. There is also easy access to the common and a nearby footpath takes you down to the harbour with the foot ferry to Walberswick (summer only). Don't forget that the beach is never very far away!
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Sorry, no pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Parking unavailable
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Travel cot
- Washing machine
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 0.1 mile
- Nearest pub 0.1 mile
- 0.1 mile from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
- Entrance hall with tiled floor with coat hooks
- Drawing room with sofas and armchairs, coffee tables, corner cupboard and lamps
- Sitting room / TV room with sofas and chairs, wood burning stove, coffee tables and lamps, TV with DVD and games
- Twin bedroom with two full-size single beds, bedside tables and lamps, hanging space and chest of drawers
- Double bedroom with four-poster bed, bedside tables and lamps, hanging space and chest of drawers
- Wet room with walk in shower, basin and heated towel rail
- Large fitted farmhouse kitchen with original tiled floor, wooden worktops, hob, double oven, 2 door AGA, fridge freezer, dishwasher, plenty of cupboard space, dresser, large family dining table and chairs to seat 10. Off the kitchen is a traditional walk in larder with pine shelves.
- Rear hallway with fitted cupboard with hot water cylinder and washing machine and door leading to cloakroom with w.c. and butler basin
- Master bedroom with double bed, bedside tables and lamps and chest of drawers, door to en-suite bathroom
- En-suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, w.c., basin and heated towel rail
- Twin bedroom with two full-size single beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space
- Twin bedroom with two 2'6 single beds, bedside table, lamp, chest of drawers and hanging space
- Family bathroom with bath and shower, basin and w.c., heated towel rail
- Central heating, bedlinen and towels are included. Please bring own beach towels. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it.
- Large enclosed rear garden with lawn, shrub-beds and attractive mature trees. A full log shed.
- Extensive paved terrace with garden table and chairs, parasol, barbecue
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in the house
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as Booking Conditions are met.
- Immortalise your special occasion with A photo album of your holiday
- Looking for a special dinner, a relaxing lunch, a vintage high tea or simply a series of wonderful home made meals delivered to your door? See the Catering Options available at your holiday home. Catering arrangements should be made directly with the caterers.
- The Crown, Southwold - tel. 01502 722275. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteria for your choice of property
This was such a wonderful find! Gorgeous property, really elegantly furnished and decorated. It was absolutely spotless when we arrived.Miss Amy Plender - 24th June 2019
Ideal for a large family gathering. Mr Geoff Taylor - 23rd July 2018
Spacious and flexible property. Three bathroom facilities ..very useful. Garden a great asset ...enclosed and not overlookedMs Caroline Amory - 22nd July 2018
Great Place as promised, 5* stay and good weather!A previous customer - 11th April 2016
What a lovely House! We had a fabulous time with incredible weather ... we will be back!A previous customer - 1st August 2014
A great family house in an ideal location in the centre of beautiful Southwold.Â The downstairs bedroom and bathroom were ideal for Granny and Granddad.Â We enjoyed...beach, fair, fete and crabbing at Walberswick and had a superb meal at The Crown.A previous customer - 11th July 2014
Great property in an excellent location Cliff Cork
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Prosecco O'Clock Private Prosecco Party
Whether it is to celebrate an anniversary, special birthday or just ‘because’, there’s always an excuse for a sparkling celebration with a Private Prosecc...
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Spicers of Hythe Ltd 20% discount on Hampers of Distinction
A hamper of distinction from Spicers of Hythe adds a little luxury to any occasion. We offer 20% off a beautifully presented hamper of gourmet delights.
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...