Suffolk self catering holiday property sleeping up to 14. Set in the midst of some of the most attractive rolling countryside in Suffolk, these wonderful barns provide the perfect setting for holidaying families and adult groups. With an outdoor heated swimming pool, a fishing lake, children's play field with fort and football, and acres of meadow land in which to relax and walk, this is paradise.
HADLEIGH 4.4 km, MONKS ELEIGH 3.4 km, LAVENHAM 8.2 km, LONG MELFORD 13.8 km, IPSWICH 15 km
About the property: A Victorian threshing barn with galleried dining room, brick and flagstone floors and beams galore set at right angles to the old stables, all on the ground floor, with its wonderful farmhouse kitchen/dining room. French doors from both properties open onto the terrace and the heated swimming pool and of course you have 30 acres of wonderful private meadows, lakes, riverbank and woods to explore during your stay.
Grounds: Each barn has its own private garden with barbecue and table and chairs, beyond which is the stable block, where there is a great collection of toddler's toys including pedal tractors and dumper trucks. Beyond the yard are acres of beautiful meadows, a superb fishing lake and beyond that acres of paddocks where sheep and cattle graze. There is a large fenced field with enormous play fort - the children will love it - and with all this space you can even enjoy a game of football.
The River Brett, Semer's ancient woods and the delightful little village of Kersey are all within a short walk.
Parking: There is plenty of off road parking for 6 or 7 cars.
Sleeps: 14 in 4 king sized doubles, 1 twin, 1 bunk bedded room (full sized bunks), and 2 single bedrooms. Two of the double bedrooms have full sized wooden cots.
The two properties are ideal for adults and children alike; babies are really well catered for with provision of stair gates, changing mats, cots, high chairs etc.
Minimum Hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week in which case changeover is on a Friday.
Eating and Drinking: Two wonderful farmhouse kitchens, one with a beautiful Victorian, scrubbed, wooden preparation table, both with an excellent supply of kitchen equipment, large fridges and ample freezer space; cooking will be a joy.
Supplies of fresh local vegetables, free range meats etc. can be purchased nearby at Hollow Trees Farm Shop where there is also an excellent cafe and farm walk for children.
The Bell in Kersey is a great traditional Suffolk pub (you might have seen it featured in one of the 'Meerkat' adverts) with good food and a really nice atmosphere. For a really smart meal try The Bildeston Crown or the The Great House, Lavenham.
Entertainment: Flat screen TVs, DVD players and music centres. There is an excellent choice of DVDs and CDs for you to enjoy, as well as a really wide selection of books and games for all ages. Outdoor heated swimming pool (open from Whitsun to the end of September, weather permitting).
Packing tips: Wellingtons and walking boots will be very useful so you can enjoy those beautiful countryside walks, a delight at any time of year. Bicycles if you like cycling, the country lanes are a delight. Bring your fishing rod if you fancy some carp fishing and do not forget beach towels, fishing nets and crabbing lines as you can reach the Suffolk coast in around forty minutes.
- Sleeps 14
- 8 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 2 well-behaved dogs welcome
- WiFi available
- Friday changeover
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bed linen provided
- Towels provided
- Hot tub
- Swimming pool
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- No smoking
- Enclosed garden
- Nearest shop 2.6 miles
- Nearest pub 2.2 miles
- 24.4 miles from the coast
- Ground floor bathroom
- Ground floor bedroom
|Date Range||7 night price *|
|7 Jul 17 - 1 Sep 17||£3,111|
|1 Sep 17 - 29 Sep 17||£2,847|
|29 Sep 17 - 20 Oct 17||£1,773|
|20 Oct 17 - 27 Oct 17||£2,583|
|27 Oct 17 - 22 Dec 17||£1,773|
|22 Dec 17 - 6 Jan 18||£3,111|
* Please note: The prices displayed are guide prices and do not include optional items such as pet charges.
- Utility room - the tiled floor will tolerate outside boots and shoes, there are plenty of hooks for coats as well as a large fridge freezer, chest freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer, lots of fitted cupboards
- Kitchen: Flagstone floors in this large farmhouse kitchen with kitchen table and eight chairs, 2-oven electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, toaster, and kettle. Sliding windows open to the dining room beyond
- A magnificent room with double height ceiling and gallery - the dining room has a large dining table and chairs (loads of room for a Christmas dinner) with side board and floor to ceiling bookcase with a large selection of books. There are sofas and coffee tables overlooking the window, a good spot for reading the papers or relaxing after the meal. French doors open onto the rear terrace and the heated outdoor pool
- The drawing room has a wood floor with rugs, a large wood burning stove, two large sofas, armchairs, flat screen TV with DVD, stereo with CD players, antique cabinets, coffee tables and lamps
- Beyond the sitting room is a small games room which doubles as a coat and boot room with door to the private terraced garden
- The wooden staircase leading to the first floor is circular but not steep and has a rail
- The staircase leads up to the gallery overlooking the dining room, this is heavily beamed and has a vaulted ceiling with large chandelier. A stair gate is available
- Family bathroom with laminate flooring, bath with handheld shower and electric shower, wash basin, w.c., bidet, storage cupboard and radiator with towel rail above
- Bedroom 1 : A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, fitted wardrobe, vaulted ceiling and east facing window with views over the meadows and lake. There is a full sized wooden cot available
- Bedroom 2: A bunk bedroom with bedside cupboard, wardrobe with drawers
- Follow the elegant gallery around (there is a single step) to
- Bedroom 3: A twin bedded room with bedside tables, wardrobe and dressing table and chair. Door leading to shared en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair and window overlooking the surrounded countryside. Door to shared en suite bathroom
- En suite bathroom with large corner shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- There is a first floor sitting room with sofa, coffee table, writing desk and chair and wi fi, and which enjoys magnificent views over the surrounding fields and the lake
All living accommodation is on the ground floor
- The front door opens into a really large open-plan kitchen / dining room with large farmhouse dining table, storage cupboard and pew seat
- The kitchen has a tiled floor and a large Victorian preparation table in the middle of the room. There is a Rangemaster with 5 burners, oven and separate grill, loads of fitted cupboards, butler sink, larder, large fridge freezer and dishwasher
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, butler sink and chest freezer
- Shower room with large walk in shower with seat area, wash basin, w.c. storage shelves and radiator
- Double doors open from the dining room into the sitting room where there are sofas and chairs, coffee tables and lamps, a wood burning stove, flat screen TV with DVD, radio and stereo, and door to private garden with patio and grassed areas
- A corridor leads from the sitting room to the bedrooms, where there is a desk and chair (wi fi) and bookcase with excellent choice of books
- Bedroom 1: A single bedroom with full sized single bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Bedroom 2: A single bedroom with full sized single bed, bedside table and lamp, wardrobe and chair
- Family bathroom with roll top bath with handheld shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe, mirror and chest of drawers
- Bedroom 4: A double bedroom with king sized bed, bedside cupboards and lamps, wardrobe with shelves and hanging space, chair
- Both properties have their own gated private terrace with barbecue and seating area
- There are French doors from both properties to the heated swimming pool and terrace.
- Beyond the barns is a stable area, once home to National point and hunter chaser horses including several national champions, now one of the stables stores lots of outside toys for children. There is a raised pond and fountain in the middle of the yard
- There is a large, well stocked fishing lake where holidaymakers are welcome to fish
- The track leads onto a large field with children's play fort and football goal post
- The rest of the farm is made over to pasture and meadowland and visitors are welcome to roam the fields and follow the paths to the river
- There are stables available to bring your horses should you wish to hack in the surrounding area, please enquire at time of booking.
- Central heating throughout
- Bed linen and towels are provided. Please bring your own towels for swimming. All duvets (summer and winter) and pillows are fibre filled so suitable for those with allergies. If using travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property
- A Good Housekeeping deposit of £250 is required with the full or final payment. This deposit is refundable as long as Booking Conditions are met.
- Parking for around 6 - 7 cars in the drive
- An unlimited broadband/wi fi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables as you may have to attach your laptop to the router.
- Local caterers Angel-Delights offer a complete range of catering options from full dinner parties to cake deliveries. Call 07900 900329
- The Bell Inn - tel. 01473 823229. Please note some rural pubs have closed down in recent months with little or no notice - so please do check the status if this is a criteron for your choice of property
- The large rectangular pool (approx. 35' x 15') is heated between late-May and end September (weather depending). It is kept at a very comfortable 25 - 30 C and the depth ranges from 3' in the shallow end to 8' in the deep end where there is a diving board. The old courtyard is very private and a wonderful suntrap. There are a number of sun loungers/chairs available for soaking up the rays. The pool is for the sole use of guests during their stay with us.
- Two travel cots and two high chairs are provided.
We have had an amazing time. 26 friends and family through the two barns over 8 days. Wonderful dinner parties and visits around Suffolk. Swimming every day. Many thanks. We've loved our time here.A previous customer - 8th December 2016
A lovely well-equipped cottage. We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and doing some fishing. Will definitely come back again.A previous customer - 11th July 2016
Comfortable and well equipped cottage in a peaceful loation with superb facilities. We really enjoyed swimming, fishing and playing in the wide open spaces (we caught a pike - 7lbs!) and put it in the river. Highly recommended the farm shop and trail for the children at Hollow Trees Farm. We also enjoyed feeding an elephant at Colchester Zoo!' A previous customer - 7th May 2016
A very relaxing break, sitting by the pool with the sun beating down, who needs Spain. We have enjoyed the barn and surrounding gardens, everything you need is here. Thank you so much for everything. Hope to see you again very soon.A previous customer - 7th January 2016